Whether you’re a small, quiet village off the beaten track, a large, bustling city, or a complex, high-profile state agency, your goal is to serve citizens effectively and efficiently. In fulfilling this mission, all government organizations are faced with common challenges:
- Shrinking staffs and reduced funding in an era of growing citizen expectations
- The need to promote open, transparent government while complying with confidentiality regulations for citizen data
- Having critical systems survive in the face of super storms and other natural disasters
Dealing with leading New England Government Agencies (some with 5,000+ users) over the past 15 years has given us an in-depth perspective on your needs and challenges. We understand how critical it is that your communication network functions reliably, seamlessly and securely. We understand it’s imperative to protect sensitive citizen data. We understand that serving citizens – especially in times of emergencies or extreme weather events – is not simply a 9 to 5 job. And we understand the continuing pressure to “do more with less.” As our government customers look to technology to streamline operations and costs, we’re here to help with:
- Cisco & Mitel Phone Systems
- Hosted Communications with reasonable monthly fees
- Carrier Services: Let us uncover significant annual savings
- Data Backup with remote operations if a site goes down
- IT Support: From consulting to acting as your IT Support Staff
- Bring Your Own Device (BYOD)
- Mobile Worker Solutions offer anywhere, anytime connectivity
- Wireless Networks… even in buildings with thick walls
- Converged Voice/Data/Video Networks
- Structured Cabling, Fiber and Dark Fiber Networks
Our extensive experience together with this comprehensive line of products and services has given us a global understanding of how public sector IT and Communications systems should work together. Whether you’re looking for an upgraded phone system, IT support for a server migration, or a dark fiber network, turn to Total Communications. As a qualified, local contractor who has worked with approximately 60 percent of Connecticut municipalities, plus numerous public safety departments, public school systems, and state agencies, we’re here to help!
In addition to our experience, public sector customers in the State of Connecticut can procure Cisco Networking Communications products and services under the NASPO ValuePoint cooperative purchasing vehicle. This agreement streamlines purchasing for Connecticut state agencies, public colleges, public schools (k-12), municipalities and quasi-public entities, who can take advantage of the contract discounts without issuing a formal bid.
Additionally, Total Communications has been approved as a vendor for Telephone Systems, Converged Networks and Contact Centers under the ITT50 Purchasing Contract in the State of Massachussets.