While Total Communications has been providing innovative business solutions since 1980, we believe there has never been a more exciting time to be part of the IT industry than right now. Breakthroughs in technology are providing endless opportunities for organizations to remove those barriers that have long stood in the way of business growth. If you are an experienced Cisco Collaboration Engineer, we invite you to join us as we transform the way businesses operate.
Total is a Cisco Gold Certified Partner and Cisco Master Collaboration Specialized Partner, poised on the edge of unprecedented growth. Enjoy an environment where your potential will be recognized, and your enthusiasm and skills will be rewarded.
Total Communications is currently looking for a Cisco Network Engineer to help build out our rapidly growing Cisco Gold Certified Partner practice. The Cisco Network Engineer is responsible for the design, implementation, and follow-up support of network infrastructure, collaboration projects, and Cisco Data Center. This is a hybrid remote position, so candidate must reside within driving distance of our East Hartford headquarters and able to travel to local client sites.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
• Implementation of multiple Cisco solutions for a wide range of clients
• Cisco solutions upgrades and changes both on-site and remote
• Cisco solution support, both pre and post implementation
• Utilize highly developed consultative skills to ensure a positive Professional Services experience for our clients delivered on-time and under budget
• Provide technical escalations for peers and junior technicians
• Provide admin training to clients on the operation and maintenance of the implemented system
• Work remotely with on-site technicians or clients to perform physical tasks
• Manage tickets assigned to the team queue to deliver billable consulting activities directly to clients
• Create project deliverables including “as built” documents, design summaries, migration plans, and Visio diagrams as appropriate
• Participate in 24×7 on-call duties on a rotating basis
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES INCLUDE:
• High-level expertise in Cisco products and design
• Experience in design and support of Cisco infrastructure, Collaboration, Security, Wireless and/or Data Center
• Continue to learn – continually add skills to serve our clients fully and to maintain relevant skills as the IT market transforms
• Acquire technical certifications per training plan
• Time / Project Management – be able to appropriate manage time and priorities independently, meeting the billable/chargeable targets set by the company (billable and chargeable time involves assessments, planning, design, configuration, installation, and support of infrastructure solutions)
• Must be able to handle multiple concurrent tasks with minimal supervision
• Must have the ability to thrive in an environment of multiple shifting priorities
• High Energy / Goal Orientation – aggressive style in problem solving / reaching objectives
• Excellent communication skills and comfortability presenting, both internally and client facing
• Create and maintain documentation as it relates to Collaboration and network configuration, network mapping, processes, and service records
EXPERIENCE WITH MOST OF THE FOLLOWING:
• Cisco Collaboration Implementation / Support Experience, CUCM, Unity Connection, UCCX, Webex
• Cisco Enterprise Networking portfolio of products
• Cisco Security products such as Secure Firewall/ NGFW/ASA firewall, IDS, ISE, etc.
• Cisco Wireless portfolio of products
• Cisco Meraki portfolio of products
• Cisco Data Center Products such as Nexus switching and UCS
• VMware and Microsoft server OS
• CCIE required
• Candidate must reside within driving distance of our East Hartford headquarters
• 5-7 years of industry experience
• Proven track record of successful project implementations or support of Cisco solutions
Please email us with a copy of your resume and cover letter indicating why you would be a good fit.
Total Communications is committed to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion across all levels of the organization. We do not discriminate in any aspect of employment practices against any qualified applicant or employee on account of race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, marital status, or veteran status. We encourage you to send us your resume if you are interested in pursuing a career with us.